Skip to main content

a nyt story about nyt

Take it or leave it
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/22/business/media/22times.html?_r=1&hp

Profit Down At Times Co., But Web Plan Shows Upside

The New York Times Company reported a sharp drop in net income in the first quarter as the print advertising market remained stubbornly depressed for newspapers.

The company said net income fell 57.6 percent, to $5.4 million, compared with $12.8 million in the quarter a year ago.

etc...

Comments

  1. i was just thinking about how you should blog about that movie the truman show. Because its a movie about a movie. I've never seen it but I think its great material for your blog.

    But then I realized you should blog about blogging about blogging. So I found you this list of the best blogs about blogging. Apparently in my bored free time I also think about meta-isms.

    http://www.dailyblogtips.com/top-25-blogs-about-blogging/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, the entire media industry is super self-referential in general. Slate has news articles about news all the time. Not to mention Columbia Journalism Review...But I don't find this to be very amusing. ok back to Regulatory state.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The meta-cokebottle

Here's the weekend blog, folks - I'll be gone for two days. Story below brought to you by Richard Lyon, father and meta-nerd.... * My first exposure to meta, besides meta-physics, which I took to mean religion, and therefore not nearly as interesting as physics, was the meta key on keyboards at the MIT AI Artificial Intelligence lab in the late 1970s. They had invented this moby text editor called "emacs" (according to its radical inventor rms, NOT named for the nearby Boston ice-cream shop, Emack & Bolio's , which was named for a couple of homeless guys , even if the text justifier "bolio" was so named). Emacs used what we call "control" or "modifier" keys to control its actions; but "ctrl" was not enough--no, they also had super, meta , and hyper, not to mention front, shift, and top on their space-cadet keyboards . Typical long-form commands were like "meta-x query replace"; here the text "qu...

UPDATED: A tattoo of Tattoo!

This is a tattoo of Tattoo, Mr. Roarke's midget assistant from the show Fantasy Island . Played by Herve Villechaize. No, I had never heard of Tattoo either. It's probably a generational thing. I've included a video of the real Tattoo, for reference. See below.. AWESOME UPDATE!!** The fellow whose arm this is commented below, sharing his story about the tattoo with the world. Thanks Joey! Joey said... "That's my arm you got up there =). The story behind this is my dad asked me why I get tattoos. I told him because I love art. I asked him if he would ever get one. Being the smart ass he is he said "I would get a tattoo of Tattoo from Fantasy Island". I thought that was brilliant and since I have tattoos for my mother, grandmother's and past ex's, I thought it would be nice to get something for the man that raised me. Here's to you Pop"

An Igloo Made of Igloos

This may count as brand interference, or even product placement, but I don't care because it's still meta. Thanks Igloo!  I myself just bought a cute Igloo tote bag at Target to carry drinks in disguise to the park during #coronavirus - big fan. Thank you Marie for this wonderful and timeless contribution to the blog. Keep #thingsthataremeta alive forever!